I’m ten years late and have officially run out of ideas. I don’t really have an unpopular opinion, so let’s see how this goes.
A Popular Book/Series you didn’t like
- This is hard because I don’t really dislike anything?
- I’ve tried to read Illuminae a few times, but I think it’s the format getting me.
- Matched by Ally Condie bored me to death.
- I didn’t dislike it, but I didn’t really get it.
A book or series everyone hated but you loved
- I thought the ending was very appropriate for the series
- Red Queen
- Just the first one, though.
- John Green
- people seem to really dislike his work.
A Love Triangle in which the MC ends up with someone you didn’t want them to or an OTP you don’t like.
- Wessa. I was always a Jem and Tessa girl so the ending of City of Heavenly Fire pleased me.
- The Hungers Games, I didn’t want Katniss to end up with anyone. Her ending up with Peeta didn’t bother me too much, but I still felt like she was forced into it.
Popular Genre you rarely reach for.
- Contemporary-> it usually puts me to sleep. Usually, I go for John Green or something I know will be sad.
- Paranormal-> like vampires or werewolves. I don’t dislike it, I generally just *inches away from it*.
Popular or Beloved character you didn’t like.
- Herondales. I never got why people liked the Herondale boys. So dramatic, so whiny, assholes. I don’t hate them, we just don’t get along very well.
- The only one I kind of like is James and that’s probably because he’s named after Jem and partially Tessa.
- Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bones -> I kind of liked him, but he fucked up WAY too much.
- The Darkling-> I never liked him and didn’t understand while others did.
- Risa from Unwind
- Clary-> it bothered me how Jace-centric she became.
- Nastasya from Immortal Beloved-> half the bad things that happened (if memory serves me correct) was her fault.
- Jason (Heroes of Olympus)-> he was just annoying.
A Popular Author you Can’t Get into.
- No one really. I’ve had a hard time getting into Morgan Rhodes and Bardugo, but I haven’t read all their work.
Popular Trope you’re tired of seeing.
- Love Interest-> I’d like to see more family love, platonic love, less romantic, “I’ll die for him/her” love.
- Insta-love-> stop that shit, it doesn’t happen.
- Girl seems strong and independent, but in reality, she relies totally on the guy and he actually does everyone, but it’s made to look like she’s doing everything.
- Whiny MCs-> I know your life sucks, you deserve a meltdown here and there, but if it’s every ten pages I’m going to hit you.
- Alpha Male-> in general, I have an issue with Male MCs, but when they’re alpha males I WANT THEM DEAD.
- Is “girl is just your average girl, but actually not at all” a trope? In which they’re “average” but have weird ass eyes or perfect blonde/red hair, but oh, wait! THEY’VE GOT ONE LITTLE IMPERFECTION THAT MAKES THEM HUMAN.
- Lack of parents-> were you born in a tube?
Popular Series you have no interest in reading.
This should be (in my case) “have no interest in reading, but are likely to try in the future anyways.”
- Jennifer L. Armentrout books-> they all look and sound eerily similar.
- The Selection-> just doesn’t sound like it’ll do it for me. Sounds a lot like Matched.
Movie or TV adaption you like better than the book.
- Mockingjay, I liked a LITTLE bit better because there was slightly less crying and a lot more explosions.
- Game of Thrones, mostly because I don’t have to deal with all those subplots in which the characters die anyways.
That’s all for me!
As for tagging, honestly if you want to do it and haven’t, I tag you.
Peace and Love.