HELLO and welcome to my mediocre blog!
Many of you probably know that today Sarah J. Maas’s “A Court of Mist and Fury” comes out today and I’d love to do something fun for its release day!
So today I shall be sharing some of my FAVORITE fantasy books/series!
Also, I should note that I’m doing High Fantasy as A Court of Thorns and Roses is high fantasy… I’m pretty sure.
Ready? Let’s play!
- Snow Like Ashes trilogy by Sara Raasch
- These books have some of the coolest settings and plot lines ever and I ADORE them.
- The Orphan Queen Duology by Jodi Meadows.
- Red recently pointed out one of the things that makes this story just so delicious: the vigilante aspect.
- An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- This book just had a very unique aspect to it that I couldn’t quite put my finger on but I adored.
- The Captive Prince Trilogy by C. S. Pacat
- For those of you who don’t know, this is big kid fantasy… It’s got an “M” for mature on the back and I really should’ve looked at what it is about before I purchased but I didn’t and I’m so glad because I probably wouldn’t have bought it and it is the best purchase decision of my life….
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- It’s Maas’s release day so might as well include her. I do really enjoy her books when it comes to high fantasy YA books Maas comes to mind first. They’re very elaborate and complex and I have an appreciation for them.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Look at Truthwitch and it’s lonely self. Can’t wait to finally get Windwitch. I enjoyed Susan’s first trilogy which was historical fiction, especially at the very end when it took a very painful and unexpected turn. So I can’t wait to see where Susan goes with this one.
I have read MORE high fantasy YA’s but these are the one’s that have truly stuck out to me. I think of all of them my number one would be The Captive Prince, which is pretty sad because it isn’t even YA… It just had to be on the list IT IS TOO GOOD and it shouldn’t be for the content it holds…
Anyways, I am still on the look out for YA high fantasy that makes me feel the way The Captive Prince trilogy does but the search it still going.
I was going to make a list of High Fantasy I look forward to reading but all I can think of right now that I’d consider High Fantasy would be “Of Fire and Stars” by Audrey Coulthurst.
As soon as I get everything else out the way I am TACKLING that book.
So, what are your alls favorite high fantasy book? Are there any you’re looking forward to reading?
Anyways, Happy Release day to Sarah! She is a swell human being if you’ve ever met her and I hope A Court of Mist and Fury finds the same success that basically all of her other books have!
Peace and love and happy reading!