2017 is soon upon us (thank the gods) which means a SHIT TON of new books to look forward too!
I shall share some of the ones I look forward to the most with you!
There is really no rhyme or reason for any of these, I’m just psyched for them!
- Windwitch by Susan Dennard
- Following Prince Merik and the stakes sound ever so high and Aeduan and Iseult OH MY ❤
- The Fallen Isles Book 1 by Jodi Meadows
- A girl imprisoned, illegal dragon trafficking, sounds wonderfully morbid and dark, and dragons.
- Nevernight Chronicles Book 2 by Jay Kristoff
- So, basically, if you read the ending of Nevernight, you understand this one. Assassins and great world building and holy shit, it’s just something you want.
- ACOTAR 3 by Sarah J. Maas
- ACOTAR was okay, ACOMAF literally has to be the best thing SJM has ever written ever, because between that book and Nevernight, I’m still feeling the feels. I can’t wait for book three!
- A Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
- I fucking loved The Girl From Everyone. A biracial MC, a likable male love interest, a time traveling ship… I can’t even describe how much I loved TGFE and how excited I am to read TSBT.
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Roshani has one of the most beautiful writing styles my eyes have ever seen. Honestly, when I heard about A Crown of Wishes and who it’s following and that I would get to revisit the world of The Star Touched Queen, I flipped. This is a must.
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- First of all, Nic is amazing. Second of all, this book… I haven’t read it, but I can tell you I plan on it, not just because of the synopsis but because of the things I’ve heard. That this is a raw, emotional story following racial prejudice that does not shy away from tough topics. Damn fucking right I’m ready to read this.
- 27 Hours by Tristina Wright
- Where the fuck do I start with this one? This is a sci-fi book with a cast of queer teens. And POC characters. A sci-fi book with queer POC characters, featuring a war that has so much more going on than it seems and I’m also crying because I heard a rumor (HA Rumor, my love, I say not knowing this character), that there is a character of the asexual spectrum and HOLY SHIT I’M FLIPPING OUT SOMEONE GET THIS BOOK TO ME I NEED IT.
- Askari by Kristen Ciccarelli
- This one I found thanks to Rachel at A Perfection Called Books. Finding 2017 debuts has been challenging for me this year (I feel more picky) but I really liked the sound of this one. I like the idea of dragons and it already sounds like it has some mad worldbuilding going on.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- I understand a lot of people are looking forward to this one, but holy shit same.
And some honorable mentions
- Terra by A. C. Gaughen
- Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Strange the Dream by Leigh Bardugo
Tell me, friends, what are some of the 2017 books you’re looking forward to?