*Subtle reminder that this is my opinion
*which is also severely lacking due to not reading a lot*
2011 was apparently the year that I looked and did not touch because, going through that list, I saw a list of books that I WANTED to buy but never did.
I need to rewrite those books down.
Anyways, let’s get kicking with 2011!
- Definitely didn’t read this one when it came out, nope.
- I LOVED IT THOUGH! The first book was a little rough, I was a fan of the slow burn romance even if I still want to punch Akiva to this day.
- I really loved it, very unique, very dark, and creepy.
- Legend by Marie Lu
- I also did not read this one when it first came out but it wasn’t too long after it came out, like two years? Champion was out already but I had Prodigy in hardback.
- This book was AMAZING. Dystopian and fresh and cool and it actually addresses what the outside world is doing instead of just focusing on the USA!
- Also, all of these books are emotionally devastating.
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- I read Shatter Me not long after it was published, but a little bit. I have the paperback with the new cover but the second book is hardback.
- I read this, partially because my friend told me to and then because Tahereh Mafi was going to be at the first YALLFest I went to.
- I don’t regret it, I still look back on it fondly. It was insanely weird, though. Not that that’s a bad thing.
- Forgotten by Cat Patrick
- This was one of mom’s audiobook picks for a trip we went on and I remember basically nothing about it but it was insanely fucking weird and I would suggest it in a heartbeat.
- Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
- I never read the sequel but I remember this one relatively well.
- It starts right before the disaster and then the disaster happens and I remember it being pretty brutal. It didn’t water much of anything down and it was INSANELY creepy.
- Enticed by Jessica Shirvington
- This is the sequel to Embrace and this one was also awesome? Like, this author did well with the sequels and they all had something new and cool and unique to offer.
- These were very unique books, I really need to go back to them.
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
- I’m not going to lie I’m running out of 2011 books.
- I hated this one, it was boring, short, and unnecessary. An insult to 2011 books.
- Moving on…
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- This one made up for the awfulness that was City of Fallen Angels, mostly because it focused on Jem and he is my literal husband, father, and son.
- I adore Jem.
- Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
- this was back when it was still cute and sci-fi and my babies were all alive :)))))
- ACROSS THE UNIVERS by Beth Revis
- I LOVED this book. Holy gosh it was so weird and unique and beautiful, I will never forget listening to it, I was absolutely transfixed, it was AMAZING.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Okay this book was AMAZING!
- The Mara Dyer trilogy has to be one of the best trilogies I have ever read in my life. I nearly had a meltdown when I finished this one because I needed the second one but it was sold out EVERYWHERE
- I had to order it from Amazon and even then it took about three months.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Call me a sucker but this one blew my fucking socks off.
- It was an intense ride from start to finish and I remember being really eager to get my hands on book two.
- I also really wanted to meet Veronica Roth.
- She was the reason we went to YALLFest.
- We didn’t meet her though, we didn’t know it was a ticketed event and the tickets were sold out.
Okay, so 2011 wasn’t the best. 2012 may be a bit rough as well, but hey, I didn’t read all that much back then.
Or maybe I did, I don’t know, I’m finding all of these off Goodreads!
Anyways, what 2011 books did you read and love? Let me know in the comments and check back next week for 2012 books!