Obviously, it is still 2016 but soon that shall all change!
We are quickly approaching 2017 (I can hardly believe it, I will be graduating soon!?) and as time goes on we get more excited for these upcoming books!
I won’t lie, upon looking through the 2017 book list I’m mildly underwhelmed. 2016 was just such a phenomenal year for books and it’s hard to combat that.
Nevertheless, I did what I could with it. Maybe as I read on through the year more and more will read appealing.
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
- I actually really like VR’s books.
- Sounds like a cute love but brutal and heart wrenching thing.
- A Flame In the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
- Look at that killer cover, I am in love.
- Sounds like this girl can’t let things go, me too.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Can be shortened to STD which is a little sad.
- sounds like the weird, unnervingness that Taylor seems to be associated with, so YAY!
- they’re all already my kids, I don’t even care.
- Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows
- No Cover YET
- Sounds like it will kill me inside, let’s do this.
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- I don’t think I was expecting to like this as much as I do.
- It’s a really fun and heart wrenching read.
- So cute and fluffy.
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Technically a different story from Star-Touched Queen, so it counts.
- Follows Gauri who seemed badass in Queen.
- Hate-to-Love romance? Sign me up.
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
- There’s an empress and a fugitive and this reminds me a little of Legend. Like a fantasy Legend?
- Vengeance and Warfare? Sounds good to me.
- 27 Hours by Tristina Wright
- Doesn’t have a cover yet, RIP.
- Beautiful cast of characters.
- Has an asexual character, YAY!
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
- circus/festival setting?
- Illusionist (awesomesauce)
- This is apparently a very big festival…
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- Alternative Title: Nic Sends Us All On a Feelstrip
- RIP my emotions
- RIP my life they’re going to be fucking destroyed once I finish this book.
- Girl out of Water by Lauren Silverman
- Weirdly, aesthetically pleasing cover.
- Disappearing mom?
- Physically disabled kids FINALLY
- Seriously, let’s get more of this shit.
- Nemesis by Brendan Reichs
- This just sounds concerning…
- I don’t actually know what to make of this.
- I want it but do I?
- The Hate U Give by A. C. Thomas
- Described as “unflinchingly honest” and inspired by the Black Lives Matter Movement.
- Essentially, I’m prepping to take notes and cry a lot.
- This’ll be tough, let’s do it.
That’s all for now! I’m looking forward to see what else will come out this next year!
What 2017 books are you looking forward to! Let me know in the comments and be sure to check back next week for 2018 and the last Through The Years Post!