Let’s discuss how to do things.
Having been blogging for almost two years now (for which I realize I should probably start prepping for), I’ve learned a thing or two and I’d like to pass it on to you all.
Here is a list of mini-how-tos to try and help you all out.
How To Make A Book Twitter
- Make A Twitter
- Follow Book People
- Book Bloggers
- Publishing Companies
- People who make bookish products
- Talk about books
- CONGRATS! You Have a Book Twitter!
How To Make A Book Tumblr
- Create a Tumblr ACC
- Follow More Book People
- Search up authors and books you like and follow the people on Tags!
- Post about books and book related things every now and then.
- Reblog posts about book related things every now and then.
- CONGRATS! You have a Book Tumblr!
- Make an Instagram ACC (if you don’t have one already)
- Find something to take pictures with
- a camera
- a cellphone
- an iPad or Tablet of sorts
- Find some books to take pictures of
- Any book you like and wish to take pictures of!
- Pose the book
- Take pictures
- Find pictures you like
- Post those pictures to Instagram.
- CONGRATS! You have a Bookstagram
- Find a Blog Forum
- Think Up A Name You Like
- Make Your Blog
- Write up a review or two
- Write some stuff about books
- Maybe a discussion
- Top Tens
- Bookish Experiences
- Post some reviews
- CONGRATS! You have a Book Blog! You go, friend!
- Make a YouTube Account
- Make a cute name!
- Find something to take videos with
- a phone
- a video camera
- a regular camera
- A tablet of some kind
- Take a video of yourself talking about Books
- Maybe edit the video, if you feel
- Upload the video to youtube
- CONGRATS FRIEND YOU’RE A BOOK TUBER!
- Pick up a book
- Read the book
- Have feelings about the book
- write up your feelings (or talk about them)
- can be done through:
- a blog
- can be done through:
- post those feelings
- YAY! You’ve reviewed a book! Feels great right?
Promote A Book
- Refer to
- How To Review
- How To Blog
- How To Bookstagram
- How To BookTube
- Talk about a book to friends and family.
- Done any of those?
- You’ve Promoted a book! GREAT JOB I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!
- Good Question
- I have yet to perfect this art
- I have a person at a book store
- Sometimes, I go to book events
- sometimes I ask publishers for one
- but publishers h8 me.
- You know what?
- Don’t worry about it.
- ARCs aren’t the end all be all.
Do Books For Trade
- Find some books you don’t want any more
- Think of books you do want
- Think up a list of criteria
- USA only
- Paperback only
- Willing to look at things that you haven’t listed you want
- Take a picture of the books you don’t want
- Post it on the tag #BooksForTrade
- talk to people
- Get something you want
- Give something to someone else in return.
- YAY, you’ve traded books!
- Find something in a book you want to go back to.
- Mark it down
- with a stick note
- with a pen
- in a notebook
- repeat if you find something later on
- Congrats! You’ve annotated a book!
I’m going to go ahead and guess that it didn’t take you all long to realize what I was doing and just scroll to the bottom.
Here’s the deal, I have a love-hate relationship with How-To Posts and I’ve always wanted to make a sort of parody of one.
In all reality, I have no authority to tell you what to do and even having been blogging for nearly two years, I definitely don’t have the experience.
Personally, I think that the way you do anything of the things up there is how you want to do them, how you feel is the best way for you to do these things. Ultimately, it’s your thing, and you need to make yourself happy. Your happiness should be you Number One Goal
BUT CAT I NEEDED AN ACTUAL FUCKING HOW TO POST?!
Don’t worry, I got you!
Not very well but I do know how two great blogs to go to to help you out.
Twirling Pages is great with How To Posts and is a GREAT PERSON!
Bookishness and Tea has everything you want to know, everything you could ever need to know about blogging, including, but not limited to:
- Blogging 101
- How To Get Your First 1k On Instagram
- How To Start Reading More Diversely
- How To Save Time With Your Blog
- How To Rock Your Bookstagram
- How To Read More
Plus, I’m sure you could find pretty great “How Tos” on just about any blog, but not actually mine.
I hope my parody didn’t piss anyone off and hopefully, I’ll have some more blog posts coming soon (reviews and discussions because what else do I do?).
Check back Friday for an explanation of Doomsday and next week for more posts!