I am officially going to ALA and I am psyched and very nervous. This will most likely be a solo trip for me which makes this very nerve wrecking but hey… I’m sure it’ll be fine, right? I’m sure I’ll find friends there right?
Yeah, okay, I don’t know, but I do know there are some books there I’m definitely going to be keeping an eye out for.
These are books that I’m DYING to get my hands on and might have shredded my dignity enough to request them…
(Quick side note: I HATE requesting from publishing. It feels so awkward).
- Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- First of all Sarah Glenn Marsh is an angel
- Look at this COVER, this cover is my aesthetic.
- It’s queer! It’s queer!
- NECROMANCERS are my kink.
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
- Cover? Amazing? Yes?
- Genderfluid MC
- Is a criminal? Another kink? Yes.
- Love? I love love.
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Wrote This
- So Yes
- I want it
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Bright cover
- intriguing characters
- Marie LU
- I know my chances of getting this are zero but I can dream
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Elemental stuff (my THIRD secret kink)
- “Rogue Princess”
- You can’t not love a book that uses that phrase, sorry,, I don’t make the rules.
- snow leoponaires
- An evil king?
- Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi
- Creatures THAT COME FROM FEELINGS OF GUILT
- SIN EATERS
- CONSPIRACY I LIVE FOR CONSPIRACY
- I LIVE FOR THIS COVER
Overall, all of these are unlikely, but I can still dream.
My next list are books I want badly but not as badly I the ones above. I still really want them though.
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
- East Asian Fantasy
- That is all.
- Evil Queen
- Must embrace Darkness
- How are you not getting the appeal of this?
- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
- I guess I just want to suffer.
- That’s the only reason and way I can explain waiting to have and read any Silvera book.
- But I suffer.
- Reign of Earth by A.C. Gaughen
- I’m in love with the cover
- ELEMENTAL ASPECT
- The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
- Noah is an okay character
- I fucking LOVE these books.
- I’m hoping Jamie will be in it if I’m being honest.
- Rebel Seoul by Axie Oh
- This one is actually for a friend.
- Looks fucking gr8 though
- Young soldier
- Supersoldier project
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
- This book is also for a friend
- It looks great though.
- Epic and amazing.
- I might sneak a read before I send it off.
- Girl Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust
- I don’t even know
- This shit just looks fucking wild, let’s do it.
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
- Yeah, I just don’t know.
- It has a nice cover though?
And the final list, still books I want but yeah.
- Wonderwoman: Warbringer
- Jane, Unlimited
- A Poison Dark and Drowning
- Line in the Dark
- November Girl
- Three Sides of a Heart
- The Cruel Prince
- Heart of Iron
- Restore Me
Pray for me and my book luck friends. I obviously won’t get everything on this list, most likely I won’t get most of it, but I am hoping to snag some of these jems and read them in all of their beauty.
What on this list is intereting to you all? Let me know in the comments!